Show your dedication to serving fresh, local fare!
Read Commissioner Staples’ invitation to all Texas chefs here
During the week of July 22-28, 2013, members of the GO TEXAN Restaurant Program commit to giving patrons a special Texas dining experience and pledge to make a donation to a local food bank.
As a participating restaurant member, GO TEXAN will send you promotional materials for the event (see below).
- Download the GO TEXAN Restaurant Round-Up menu template here (coming in June), fill in your specials, then print and hand out with your regular menus.
- Ask customers to watch for the GO TEXAN Restaurant Round-Up ads and stories appearing statewide in the days leading up to the event.
- Like us on Facebook and when you post about the event, tag us by using @GO TEXAN Members. We often re-share members' posts in which we are tagged.
- Follow us on Twitter and when you tweet about the event, tag us with the hashtag #txdineout. We often re-tweet members' tweets in which we are tagged.
- Put up the posters on your front window to advertise the event.
- Distribute the "Save the Date" cards to your customers to remind them to come back during the event.
- Use the GO TEXAN check presenters (if requested).
- Use the GO TEXAN wine glasses (if requested) to serve Texas wines during that week.
If you’re not a member of the GO TEXAN Restaurant Program, download an application here. Once you are a member, you will automatically be enrolled to participate in Round-Up. For more information, e-mail gtrr@TexasAgriculture.gov.